Support Officer (SE17Working)
(£25,875) Inc LW - pro-rata Hours: Part- time/25 hours per week some evening and weekend working
Throughout the year the SE17Working Programme helps to reduce unemployment on the Aylesbury Estate by helping residents to gain practical knowledge, skills and experience, through training and work based interventions.
Main Purpose of Job:
* To provide frontline operational delivery services for the SE17Working Programme Centres
* To contribute to the delivery and reporting on of an annual cycle of projects
* To provide full administrative project support for residents seeking training, education and development opportunities
* To update client interventions on the Creation Database and identify interventions that meet their individual need
* To update the SE17Working Website with jobs daily
* To maintain client files and ensure the orderly maintenance of the same
* To assist in the recruitment of clients using a variety of marketing and recruitment techniques in order to ensure maximum take up of the programme
1. Opening and closing the SE17Working Programme Centre, providing centre management administrative support including processing paperwork, maintaining clients records, and dealing with visitors and external contractors as appropriate.
2. Assisting in the maintenance of a database of residents by maintaining accurate records and identifying interventions that meet individual and group needs.
3. Updating of Action Plans and adding the same as database interactions
4. Contributing to the promotion, monitoring and reporting on outcomes of Worklessness Projects/Programmes and ensuring that project objectives are met within agreed budgets
5. Supporting all delivery and facilitation of Worklessness Projects including working in partnership with external providers where appropriate
6. Contributing to the development of the Worklessness Programmes and activities for residents.
7. Providing support for workshops including Motivation and Confidence Building, GYST; CV writing, Interview Skills; job search and interview techniques to assist residents in improving their knowledge, skills and confidence.
8. Supporting the administrative needs of contracting, tendering, recruitment and other activities needed for the successful delivery of projects in line with agreed frameworks and policies.
9. Supporting staff, contractors and volunteers as appropriate to contribute to the development and delivery of Worklessness related projects.
10. Contributing to the local partnership meetings that contribute to the development and delivery of project activities.
11. Keeping up to date on policy issues as appropriate and new projects affecting employment, enterprise and training initiatives that impact on the labour market, business base and the community, attending ‘SE17Working’ partnership meetings as necessary taking minutes as appropriate
12. Representing the Trust with external bodies as required and promoting the Trust internally and externally, developing a positive external image
13. Signposting residents participating in the worklessness programme to appropriate sources of information, support and advice within Creation Trust to enable them to respond to the impact of the regeneration on other aspects of their lives, i.e. regeneration support, benefits advice etc., and externally as appropriate.
14. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs including supporting the Worklessness Programme manager and other worklessness projects and activities. This may include attending evening meetings from time to time. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a DBS check.
* London Borough of Southwark
* London & Quadrant
* Existing partners
* Residents, Leaseholders, and all customers of the Aylesbury Estate/SE17
* Funders and potential funding agencies
* Project Board
* Members of the Board of Trustees, sub-group/committee members, staff, volunteers
PERSON SPECIFICATION – PROGRAMME SUPPORT OFFICER
E = Essential D = Desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years previous relevant experience in the Welfare to Work and not for profit or statutory sector with a working a range of stakeholders E Application/Interview
- Multi-project and Programme support, including planning, facilitation and delivery of projects E Application/Interview
- Centre reception/administration E Application/Interview/ Assessment
- Providing support for the recruitment of clients and related marketing activities E Application/Interview
- Experience in providing project support including facilitating workshops E Application/Assessment
- Knowledge and understanding of barriers facing people from disadvantaged backgrounds and experience of working with them to achieve positive individual outcomes E Application/Interview/ Assessment
- Experience of working in a career development/outplacement support environment D Application/Interview
- Organising and planning skills with the ability to handle a busy workload well E Application/Interview/ Assessment
- Good level of English grammar and Numeracy E Application/Assessment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt style and content to different audiences E Application/ Assessment
- Proficient in the use of databases and Microsoft packages including Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word and PowerPoint E Application/Assessment
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate others to support the achievement of results E Application/Interview
- Strong persuading and influencing skills with the ability to gain commitment and support D Application/Interview
- Ability to speak another European language in addition to English D Application/Assessment
- Committed to the values of the Trust including understanding equality of opportunity and valuing diversity E Application/Interview
- Enthusiastic, flexible and reliable E Application/Interview
- Creative and innovative with the ability to take the initiative to achieve results E Application/Interview
- Works collaboratively, facilitating others contributions, and being committed to working with others to achieve results E Application/Interview
- Political astuteness with the commitment and ability to understand diverse interests and the dynamics between them D Application/Interview
If you would like to apply for this post, please submit your CV and a supporting statement of no more that 2 sides of A4 in length outlining how you meet the Knowledge and Experience; Skills; and Personal Qualities of the Person Specification.
Please send applications to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Midnight Monday 20th February 2017