Operations and Services Manager
WeAreWaterloo is an organisation that works with and for local businesses in the Waterloo area.
We are looking for a talented and personable Operations and Services Manager to make Waterloo a great place to live, work and visit.
We are making Waterloo a destination, not just a transport interchange. We want to create a destination where people want to spend time and money; a safer and more pleasant trading environment; a great place to set up a business; a creative and connected community in which to work. We are a formal Business Improvement District (BID) and are funded by a levy on 400 business ratepayers to improve the area as a place to do business. In addition to the money generated through the levy, WeAreWaterloo also seeks additional funding and investment to support the work of the BID.
WeAreWaterloo is London’s first ‘cross-borough BID’ and operates across part of the London Boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark from Waterloo Station southwards, acting as a collective voice for local businesses.
Our work ranges from environmental projects, to promotional and marketing initiatives, lobbying and business support. We also run the historic street market on Lower Marsh.
The post-holder will be working with the small executive team to deliver the objectives of the WeAreWaterloo BID Proposal and leading the BID’s engagement with its diverse membership of local businesses.
The post-holder would be supported by the Chief Executive. This is a role that requires a wide range of service delivery and project management skills and also a passion for London’s developing neighbourhoods.
The post will be supported by an administration assistant, who the post-holder will line-manage.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Either directly or via contract, managing a range of BID services including cleaning, graffiti removal, lighting (including seasonal lighting) and maintenance
- Tendering, reviewing and administering service contracts
- Management and development of public space Liaising with external partners (such as local authorities and Transport for London) on matters relating to the environment
- Representing WAW BID on some external public realm projects
- Project managing occasional public consultations
- Delivering Waterloo Licensing Forum
- BID member engagement on all projects for which post holder is responsible
- Working with Marketing and Communications Manager to develop message on operational matters, including contributing copy for newsletters and website
- Policy and business development (supporting CEO)
- Assistance during renewal ballot phases (Next renewal: 2021)
- Line management of administration assistant
- Participation in Board Meetings, Steering Group meetings and external meetings as necessary
- Management of key performance indicators and budgets
- Other reasonable job-related tasks as necessary
- Available for occasional evening and weekend events and meetings
- Qualified to undergraduate degree level or equivalent in related discipline
- Personable, robust individual suited to working in a small team
- Experience of project management
- Experience of contract management, review and tender
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in managing websites and social media
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to conflicting demands
- Ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, BID members, and others
- Understanding of Business Improvement Districts
- Interest in business and regeneration issues
Applicants should apply by emailing their up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Friday 10th March.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview w/c 20th March.