The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £16,611 - £17,510 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme.
We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
About The Facility HCA Healthcare UK –
World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital is expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre.
With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof.
Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties.
The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology. The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
As a Kitchen Porter, you will assist the catering department in maintaining world-class standards delivered by the service. You will be efficient and effective as part of the kitchen team, whilst also ensuring high standards of hygiene are practiced.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all the kitchen surfaces are cleaned on a regular basis as directed and adhering to a correct cleaning schedule
- Responsible for washing up and the cleaning of a variety of kitchen appliances by hand or with the aid of machines, ensuring the correct health and safety, COSHH and food hygiene guidelines are followed
- Responsible for collecting and disposing of waste material and rubbish from the kitchen department
- Transporting items of food and equipment to and from catering service areas and other areas of the hospital
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries to the Catering department and putting items away in the appropriate storage areas
- Reporting faulting equipment
- Appear professional and courteous at all times and carry out any additional ad hoc duties when requested.
Skills & Experience
You will have previous experience of working in a similar role and of providing excellent customer service.
About The Individual
We need you to work well within a team and possess a flexible approach in order to meet the changing needs of the Catering department.
You will have excellent customer service skills and will be friendly, polite and courteous, and will be present professionally at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!