Salary £30k pro-rata'd for 22.5 hour week, flexible how this worked over the week. 20 days holiday (pro-rata'd) + 3 days for Xmas break and 1 birthday day. Inclusion in company pension and healthcare scheme after 1 years service.
Award winning Architecture/Interior consultancy looking for new team member to proactively support our Finance Manager.
The key activities outlined below represent an overview of the position of Finance Assistant and should not be seen as a prescriptive list of activities. A flexible responsive approach is vital, together with initiative in identifying and focusing on what needs to be done to contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
AIM OF THE ROLE
To proactively support Finance Manager. Company policies and procedures must be adhered to in all activities.
- Provide general administrative support to Finance Controller.
- Checking/coding/entering purchase invoices onto Sage and saving PDF copies into Union Square (Project Accounting Software & Database)
- Coding and data entry to Sage Accounts for credit card statements
- Matching up purchase orders to invoices and credit card statements
- Checking the electronic submission of staff expenses, extrapolating the VAT, checking coding maps to Sage, and exporting from US to Sage. Filing paper expense sheets with receipts.
- Raising sales invoices in US and exporting to Sage to include rechargeable expenses and subcontractor costs
- Debtor statements and collection of debtors
- Posting debtor receipts to bank
- Payout Petty Cash for small expenses, and post receipts to Sage on monthly basis
- Bank Payments for creditors, set up payment runs
- Bank reconciliation
- Sage Payroll including pension auto enrollment
- PC maintenance – ensuring all software on personal computer is backed up daily for security.
- Dealing with accounts queries
GENERAL OFFICE SYSTEMS
Undertake to learn how all general office systems operate and be able to use them effectively and efficiently, i.e; electronic filing of purchase invoices into US, purchase orders, archiving, reception, email.
Computer literate, Sage Accounts or similar experience to intermediate level, understanding of payroll, proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Computer literate.
- Sage Accounts or similar experience to intermediate level.
- Understanding of payroll
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000 /XP (Word/Excel/ Outlook e-mail/diary system)
- Creative/Construction/Design (or related) industry experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure all work processed to meet tight deadlines.
- Quick to learn and understand complex technical skills and concepts
- Enjoy working as part of a team or as an individual
- Able to plan and keep to schedule
- Meets deadlines and achieves targets within given timescale
- Demonstrates attention to detail to provide quality result
- Committed to continuous improvement and willing to change
- Demonstrates an awareness of own actions on MCM’s profitability
- Accepts personal accountability for own actions and results
- Actively engages in discussions and supports decisions once they are made
- Focuses on finding solutions and achieving results
One Team Approach (own team and wider MCM team)
- Adapts own behaviour to get the best out of team
- Is motivational to others in the team
- Work with others as a team to accomplish results and win
- Work collaboratively and constructively with others to solve or reduce problems
- Continually strives to increase individual and team performance
- Undertakes tasks and duties with good humour
Client Focus (internal & external)
- Exceeds client expectations
- Manages the relationships with clients to achieve mutual benefit
- Understands client requirements and communicates to individuals involved
- Provides added value to clients
- Is an ambassador of the company
- Articulates self in a manner that is clear and unambiguous
- Adapts use and choice of communication media to suit the audience and situation
- Proactively shares information to promote understanding
- Has open, honest, respectful and enabling conversations