£25,000 pro rata (based on 35 hour work week)
Hours of work: Part-time 3 days/week 9am-5pm, with some evening and early morning working required.
EmploySE1 provides local businesses with a free, tailor-made solution to their recruitment needs. Through working in partnership with local private and public sector employment and training agencies, EmploySE1 provides BID member businesses with a range of recruitment services that engage with local, job-ready candidates. EmploySE1 is funded by three Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in Lambeth and Southwark: Better Bankside, We are Waterloo and Team London Bridge. BIDs are independent, non-profit companies owned and led by local businesses that exist to improve a given location. Representatives from the BIDs meet monthly to manage the project and the post-holder is expected to divide their time across the three BID offices. The EmploySE1 service aims to reduce the time spent by businesses in finding suitable candidates for their vacancies. Employing local people, where possible, is also a practical and responsible business practice: the project has demonstrated that businesses employing people locally often experience better attendance and lower absence rates.
The key priorities of EmploySE1 are to:
1. Source vacancies from employers in the funding partners BID areas
2. Fill these vacancies with suitably matched local candidates from the funding BIDs boroughs (currently Lambeth and Southwark)
This is a great opportunity for someone who uses their own initiative and is a confident communicator, to join a growing team to help deliver on the vision of this innovative local project, providing local businesses with local talented candidates.
• You will have excellent communication skills and be able to promote EmploySE1 to a range of companies from SME’s to large organisations, as well as positioning the local employment agenda as a key component of the businesses’ Corporate Responsibility activities.
• Reporting to the EmploySE1 Manager, you will help to manage relationships with levy-paying businesses in the three BID areas and to match them with potential candidates for their vacancies.
• You will be responsible for promoting and marketing vacancies of BID member businesses through social and traditional media and circulating them to partner agencies and other local organisations through our mailing list.
• You will facilitate communication between employers and publicly-funded recruitment agencies, as well as promoting vacancies through the various social and traditional media platforms.
• You will conduct the initial telephone screening process of the candidate’s job application to determine their suitability for the job role, (or face to face in the case of bulk vacancies) and present shortlisted candidates to the employer, then facilitate the feedback from the employers to the partner agencies and candidates.
• You will support the EmploySE1 Manager to increase the number of committed employers registered on the EmploySE1 website and the number of suitable local job vacancies, apprenticeships, or work experience placements posted on the website while also seeking to maximize the percentage of vacancies filled by EmploySE1 candidates.
You will be responsible for organising regular meetings which includes; monthly Management Meetings, the Business Advisory Group, the Agency Working Group. A key role is supporting an annual Symposium, as well as other events to raise awareness of the EmploySE1 service and the employment agenda generally.
You will be able to stand in the for EmploySE1 Manager from time to time and perform any other duties commensurate to the role.
- Employer outreach and engagement; securing employer registrations and vacancies for local candidates.
- Coordinate interview schedules between employers and candidates.
- Promote vacancies via social media platforms, (Twitter and Facebook) and other websites, plus traditional methods (i.e. local press, posters and leaflets).
- Moderation of vacancies and ongoing maintenance of the EmploySE1 website.
- Support the EmploySE1 Manager in screening suitable candidate applications via their CV and a telephone interview.
- Help administer and maintain an up to date candidate database to be able to match suitable candidates to vacancies.
- Support the EmploySE1 Manager with the brand updates, including liaising with the designer and with printers.
- Coordination of the monthly Management Team Meetings with the funding BIDs, twice yearly Business Advisory Group meetings and once a year Agency Working Group meetings.
- You will also be responsible for sending out agendas for the meetings, maintain attendance lists, and take minutes for the meetings.
- Organisation and promotion of EmploySE1 events including the annual Symposium and other events and workshops, including supporting the funding BIDs with their own events when necessary.
The EmploySE1 Assistant will have a good understanding of businesses’ recruitment and hiring process and will be highly motivated, target driven and able to work on their own initiative. They will be comfortable working across multiple organisations and offices and be able to effectively communicate and build relationships with a range of corporate-sector businesses, publicly-funded service providers and voluntary organisations.
- Excellent communication skills: confident communicating by phone, email and in person
- Have a flexible approach: able to respond appropriately to changing demands of the role
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to use various social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook
- Experience of working within a Recruitment or Employability related role
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks to meet targets and deadlines
- Event organisation experience, plus experience of taking minutes
- An efficient administrator with good Word, Excel, Email and Web Skills
- Awareness of Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- Awareness of Corporate Responsibility (CR)
- Minimum one years’ experience in Recruitment, Human Resources, Employability or Corporate Responsibility-related role (Essential)
- Experienced in engaging with both large and SME businesses and other organisations from a variety of sectors (Desirable)
How to apply
To apply, please send:
● Your CV describing your relevant educational and employment experience
● Cover letter (max. 2 sides) outlining:
- Why you want the role
- How your skills and experience match the person specification
● Completed Better Bankside equal opportunities monitoring form (not part of the selection process)
Closing date: 8th May 2017
Interviews: 15th to 17th May 2017
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We regret that owing to the high level of response expected we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.