To provide a high standard of Care with respect, dignity and privacy to all service users in the community and in according with the service user wishes, the Agency’s Aims and Objectives and CQC standards.
1. To assist the service user with a range of personal care tasks, including bathing, dressing/undressing, using the toilet, getting up and going to bed.
2. To assist with breakfast and eating
3. To assist with mobility correctly, using any specialised equipment e.g. hoist.
4. To prepare food and assist the client to eat if necessary.
5. To prompt service users to take their medication as prescribed by qualified medical practioner.
6. To do the clients’ laundry (including incontinent laundry)
7. To provide help with cleaning and shopping
8. To undertake any tasks of similar nature as agreed with the manager.
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support,
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own.
- Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice.
- Self-motivated and keen to learn.
- Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions.
- Excellent time keeper and reliable.
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene, and a smart appearance.
- Good stamina and a level of fitness to meet the physical demands of the job.